NMB BANK'S PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
We honor our client’s privacy. To ensure our doctrines we conduct regular evaluations and practice privacy standards to ensure personal information that we gather, use and share is protected.
We manage personal information about you when you network with us online through our websites, mobile applications and social sites through computers, smartphones, tablets and any other similar electronic devices.
OUR POLICY DEFINES:-
- On how we gather personal information when you visit, use or interact with us online, and through our advertisements displayed through online services operated by us or non-affiliated third parties.
- On how we may use or share personal information collected to deliver financial products and services to you and for advertising or event management purposes.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We may pass your personal information to others as permitted and mandated by prevailing law.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or Judicial bodies, investigating officer’s agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under guidance of prevailing law.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at NMB Bank will ensure that we safeguard the inbuilt trust that you place on us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Mailing address, Email address, Telephone and Mobile number(s).
- In order to provide features like top-up, merchant payments, abd bill paymnts, we are allowing our application users to fetch details from their phone's contact list, due to which the application requires permissions to fetch contact details.
- Identifiers: Gender, Nationality, Residency Status, Tax File Number, Government identifiers such as a Citizenship number, Passport number, Driving license number, Insurance policy number, etc. and other Identifiers.
- Access Authorization: PIN and Passcode, Security Questions and Answers, Username and Biometrics.
- Financial Information: Transaction information where you have a product with us or use a service provided by us and Information about your credit worthiness, credit history, credit eligibility, repayment history information and default information.
- Information from your computer and mobile devices, where allowed by individual browsers and/or operating systems such as :
- Unique device identifiers and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings.
- Information about how you use and interact with our Sites and Mobile Apps (for example activities on pages visited, links clicked or unique and measurable patterns such as keystrokes, mouse clicks and movements, swipes and gestures).
- Responses to advertisements on the sites and mobile apps where we advertise.
- Log information such as your search and voice to text queries in the mobile app.
- Search engine referrals.
- Geo-location information with consent (for example ATM or financial center location, fraud prevention).
- Social media preference.
- Information to facilitate virtual or in-person event management.
- The name and contact details of individuals listed as referees within credit applications provided to us.
- The name and contact details of your professional advisers or representatives such as your solicitor, accountant, etc.
- Analytics information: We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the application. These tools collect information sent by your device or our application, including the pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the application.
HOW WE MAY USE AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To deliver products and services by verifying your identity (for example when you access your account information); process applications for products or services such as to apply for a debit or credit card, or to open an account or to access other financial products; for processing transactions; finding nearby ATMs, and other specialized services.
- To facilitate the daily operation services and credit facilities, conduct credit checks and assist other financial institutions in conducting credit checks and collect debts.
- To personalize your digital experience by improving our Sites, Web and Mobile Applications. Developing designs and analyzing data to create relevant alerts, products or services.
- To detect and prevent fraud, identify theft and other risks to you or NMB Bank.
- To perform analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view.
- To act in accordance with and impose applicable legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
- To determine the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers, collect amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers' obligations.
- To allow you to use features within our Sites and Mobile Apps when you grant us access to personal information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services that requires such access, for example locating an ATM.
- To provide notifications concerning events for which you’ve registered, providing analysis to improve our events and develop new events, determining event overall effectiveness, enhancing products and services, operating and expanding our business activities.
- To enable an actual or proposed assignee of NMB Bank, or participant or sub-participant of NMB Bank's rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation. Meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on NMB Bank or any of its subsidiaries.
- To fulfill any other purposes relating thereto.
We may use information that we receive to:-
- Help you efficiently access your information.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our application.
- Develop and test new products and features.
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Diagnose or fix technology problem.
- Automatically update the application on your device.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY THE BANK TO THIRD PARTY WITHIN SCOPE OF PREVAILING LAWS:
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, auditing, consulting or securities or other services to NMB Bank in connection with the operation of its business.
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to NMB Bank including a group company of NMB Bank which has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
- The drawee bank providing a copy of a paid cheque (which may contain information about the payee) to the drawer.
- Credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies.
- Any person to whom NMB Bank is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on NMB Bank or any of its branches; and
- Any actual or proposed assignee of NMB Bank or participant or sub-participant or transferee of NMB BANK's rights in respect of the customer.
NON-DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY THE BANK ON SOCIAL MEDIA
NMB Bank may provide an experience on social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn that may enable online sharing and collaboration among users who have registered to use them. Please note that when visiting any official NMB Bank’s social media site, you are subject to this Online Privacy Statement as well as the social media platform's own terms and conditions.
ONLINE BEHAVIORAL PRODUCT ENHANCING AND MARKETING
We present tailored ads to you: On our Sites, Web and Mobile Apps that appear as you sign on or off of your online accounts, on off-line channels such as call centers, and through direct marketing (for example email, message, mail, and phones).
DATA ACCESS REQUESTS THAT AN INDIVIDUAL HAS THE RIGHT
- To check whether NMB Bank holds data about them and of access to such data.
- To require NMB Bank to correct any data relating to them which is inaccurate.
- To ascertain NMB Bank's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by NMB Bank; and
- In relation to consumer credit, to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We retain personal information for a period of time as required by laws and regulations and the necessary business purpose. We securely delete personal information upon purpose fulfillment and as soon as legally permitted.
YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS TO US
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site. We may give you choices regarding the sharing of personal information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your personal information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the financial products or services which you obtain from:-
DATA SECURITY PRINCIPLES
- Security is our top priority. NMB Bank will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
- The secure area of our website supports the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet to protect data.
- When you provide sensitive information such as credit/debit card details, it will be encrypted before being dispatched over the Internet or stored.
- Our web servers are protected behind "firewalls" and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. We strive not to send personal information to you by ordinary email. As the security of ordinary email cannot be guaranteed, you should only send email to us using the secure email facility on our website.
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that NMB Bank will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
COOKIES AND ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites — or visit other websites that use the same cookies — they recognize these cookies and therefore you’re browsing device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how this website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests. You can learn about the cookies we use and how to manage them below.
- Flash Cookies– Similar to browser cookies, local shared objects, or “flash cookies,” are also used to recognize your device and store user preferences for when you return to our website. Flash cookies can be shared across browsers on the same device.
- Pixel Tags– Pixel tags, also called web Beacons or clear GIF’s, and similar technologies are typically small blocks of code embedded in images shown in the Online Services or certain e-mails we send you. They may involve the transmission of information directly to us or to third parties on our behalf. We may use these technologies to bring together information we collect about you.
- Location Tracking on Mobile Devices– Certain applications on mobile devices may transmit information to us about your location when you request information from them.
Why do we collect cookies and other tracking technology?
- It helps us maintain security and verify your information when using the Online Services as you navigate from page to page. This enables you to avoid having to re-enter your information each time you enter a new page.
- It helps us recognize you as a unique user when you return to use the Online Services so that you do not have to re-enter your information multiple times as you move between our pages or services.
- To remember your preference settings when using the Online Services.
- To optimize your usage of the Online Services, for example, by recognizing if your browser supports specific technology features.
- To otherwise enhance and personalize you experience when using the Online Services.
- To enable us, and third parties with whom we do business, to tailor advertising and promotional activities to products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To collect and compile aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how the Online Services are used. This helps us enhance the Online Services, enhance other products and services and develop new ones, and develop marketing and promotion strategies.
What happens if I disable cookies?
If cookies are disabled on your computer, tablet or mobile your experience on the website may be limited. For example, you may not be able to browse freely or use specific functions or features.
How do I disable/enable cookies?
To disable or enable cookies you will need to change some settings on your Internet browser.
We have provided step-by-step guides for the major desktop browsers below.
For information on how to manage cookies on your tablet or mobile please consult your documentation or online help files.
In the settings menu, select 'show advanced settings' at the bottom of the page
Select the 'content settings' button in the privacy section
In the page that appears tells you can manage and/or clear stored cookies.
In the menu, select 'options'
Select the privacy tab in the options box
From the dropdown choose, 'use custom settings for history'. This will present the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable cookies.
Internet Explorer 6+
In the tools menu, select 'Internet options'
Click the privacy tab
You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
In the settings menu, select the 'preferences' option
Open the privacy tab
Select the option you want from the 'block cookies' section
Any other browser
For information on how to manage cookies via other desktop browsers please consult your documentation or online help files.
What happens to cookies that have been downloaded in the past?
If you've disabled through your browser we may still use information collected from existing cookies, but we'll stop using the disabled cookies to gather any further information. For information on deleting stored cookies in your browser please visit the All about Cookies website.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age without consent of guardian. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are determined to protect it and therefore we ensure adherence to industry best practices on security mechanisms. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and thus absolute security guarantee is non-viable.
CONSENT & CHANGES TO THE POLICY
If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, please do not use or access our sites, mobile application and any e-platform where our policy is affiliated.
NMB Bank works with third party providers who are contractually obligated to obey with our policies to safeguard information. However, if you visit or access one of these third party provider sites or mobile applications, please review the online privacy practices of that site or mobile app to understand the specifics of how your online personal information may be collected, used and shared.
NMB BANK reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you should contact our Customer Relations team. At NMB Bank Limited we are committed to the delivery of excellence through the highest customer service standards. Whether you are providing feedback, paying a compliment or making a complaint, your input is the key to inspiring our products and services. You can lodge a complaint or provide feedback about how we have handled your personal information